Tuesday, November 30, 2010

noodles with peanut sauce


So I am a big back logged on the recipes I have made recently, but in an effort to catch up, I will go out of order and just post the one I made last night for my Monday dinner. Of course, recipe from SK and it turned out delicious. I was sort of nervous because I haven't really cooked Asian cuisine in any way before, and of course getting the ingredients in Bulgarian is a bit of a toss-up, but it all turned out well. I don't know if I got the exact right noodles, but they looked similar and were in the Asian section (very small that it is) and they tasted good. It was a cold dish which I don't normally like with pasta, but it was quite tasty. I added broccoli and mushrooms and less peppers because I prefer those vegetables.




For peanut dressing
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup warm water
1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
1 medium garlic clove, chopped
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons Asian toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes or a splash of the hot sauce or chili paste of your choice

For noodles
3/4 lb dried soba nooodles (dried linguine fini or spaghetti will work in a pinch)
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/8-inch-thick strips
1 head of broccoli, cut up and steamed
4 mushrooms, cut up into slices
Half a seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
1 cup tofu, cut up

I put the dressing ingredients in a bowl and then used the immersion blender until smooth, about 2 minutes.

Cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until tender. Drain in a colander, then rinse well under cold water. Whatever pasta I made cooked really quickly, so if it is the soba noodles or whatever, I would advise having everything ready before putting them in.

Add pasta, scallions, bell peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, cucumber and tofu to dressing, tossing to combine. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment