Thursday, January 20, 2011

no-bake cookies

An exciting revelation! No cook cookies, almost. I didn't even know that this existed. I can't remember exactly how I stumbled upon it. We were having a Christmas party (yes, I am backlogged but trying to catch up!) with my 8th graders, and I decided to bring cookies. It was the night before, a school night, and I wanted to use chocolate and oatmeal in the recipe. I think I just googled that or something, and this was the recipe I eventually decided upon. They were really simple, really sweet, and my students really liked them.









2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter

Combine sugar, cocoa, butter and milk in a saucepan. On medium heat, bring to a boil for one full minute, stirring. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter (optional), vanilla, and oatmeal.

Drop by spoonful onto wax paper. Let cool for at least 30 minutes. I put mine into the fridge overnight. They are a very different consistency than regular cookies and taste very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment