Thursday, April 19, 2012

roasted beets and carrots

Well, I really haven't been cooking much, as evidenced by the dearth of pictures on my camera and phone. But a couple weeks ago, my boyfriend and I went to the farmer's market that is in the Triangle on Wednesday afternoons. We got some carrots and beets, and I roasted them with some olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and herbes de provence. Because I chopped them so small, it really only took about 25 minutes to roast them at about 400 degrees, turning them once. I made a simple risotto to eat with it, which is always delicious and filling.

I haven't eaten beets much and wouldn't say I'm crazy about them, but my boyfriend is a pretty big fan, so he gets them fairly often. I really liked the colors of the roasted beets and carrots, and they were nice and tender and flavorful after roasting. If beets are at least this good every time I have them, I'll be a fan soon enough.






No comments:

Post a Comment