Thursday, October 6, 2011

restaurant week austin

I was driving home from the gym a couple weeks ago and saw that there were a bunch of banners hanging over Lamar advertising various events (home tours, etc), one of which was Restaurant Week 2011. I was curious to check it out. I got someone to agree to go with me, and we made two different reservations. Both were really delicious and felt like such a treat to get to experience. I also went to dinner with my parents for my sister's birthday, and the restaurant was participating in restaurant week and had their menu as an option. A quick recap of all three:

Fabi and Rosi
This is the restaurant I went to with my family. First of all, it is an adorable setting - it's in a house and it has a lovely front yard seating area and really nice indoor ambiance. I ate off the regular menu, but my stepdad and sister ate of the restaurant week menu. He got the Short Ribs Sauerbraten and it was heavenly delicious. My sister got the Truffle Ravioli, but my heart was taken by the short ribs. Amazing. Their dessert, Crack Pie with hooch cream (check the website if you don't believe me) was crazy, incredibly delicious.

The Melting Pot
Being that I love cheese, it shocks me a bit that it took me this long in life to eat fondue. Well let me say, I won't go that long again. I got a groupon for it in my inbox this morning and promptly bought it, so see you again soon. To be honest, it was the cheese and dessert courses that really did me in. They were totally incredible. We had the spinach artichoke cheese and a dessert off the regular menu, dark and dulce chocolate fondue. It was really right up my alley. The restaurant week menu was a three course meal, as they all are. The entree course is a bit interesting as they have a broth at the table and bring you raw meats/veggies to cook in it. It was good, but next time I'm just doing the cheese + dessert. To note: I would not go on this as a date unless you are looking forward to a few hours with someone. Just a warning, not for blind/potentially awkward dates. I had a great time though.

Jasper's Restaurant
This was the last one that I went to (last night). I had some trouble locating it within the maze that is The Domain, but I got there eventually. They had a really amazing menu that was pretty similar to their normal menu. We got the crab cakes, prosciutto wrapped shrimp + grits (yum!), ribs (2nd in the country), salmon, molten chocolate cake, and cherry bread pudding. I was very full and very happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment