Thursday, June 9, 2011

BLBC Cookbook

I just got a mountain of grading. Did I start tonight? Heavens no because I make silly decisions sometimes. I did, however, finish taking the word document of the BLBC cookbook and transforming it into a 120 page book for sale on Blurb. I think it took me about 6 hours to do, which really isn't so bad. I hope that the ladies of the BLBC like it and are all right with the executive decisions I made; at least I like it and will be excited to have one at home! For anyone else who is interested, here is the information:

BLBC Cookbook
$6 plus shipping for softcover
http://www.blurb.com/books/2242451

From the info page I wrote up for the book:

BLBC Cookbook
The ladies of the BLBC, or Bulgarian Ladies Book Club, for the 2010 - 2011 school year were all International women of the American College of Sofia. In addition to reading seven books, having deliciously hosted meetings, going away for a spa weekend, and rafting, we also compiled some of our (and our friends and family's)  favorite recipes into a cookbook. We hope you enjoy it!

The BLBC 2010 - 2011 Book List:
October:  
The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman
November:  
Bury Me Standing: The Gypsies and Their Journey by Isabel Fonesca
December:  
The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
February: 
Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence
March: 
Cold Snap: Bulgaria Stories by Cynthia Morrison Phoel
April: 
Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
May:    
Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann

The ladies of the BLBC:
Abby Noel, Amanda Crocker, Carolyn Emigh, Hanna Soltow, Jaime Johnson, Jenn Lawrie, Jess White, Kate McKenna, Katherine Conaway, Kristina Pappas, Lindsay Bouton, Magda Bucior, Pei Pei Liu,  Shannon Savage, and Teresa Monicken
A special thank you to Kate McKenna for organizing the BLBC! 

2 comments:

  1. Kat you crack me up, no time for grading, have to handle the fun stuff first.

    ReplyDelete