Monday, June 13, 2011

gratuitous cupcake photos

I can't help but take a lot of photos when I cook now. I have already posted this recipe, though, so I don't really need to do it again. This weekend was Arts Fest at school, and I volunteered to bring something for the PTA's bake sale. I decided that chocolate cupcakes never let anyone down, so I made 24 to bring. I also got to play with food coloring in the icing, and we know I always love adding some color to make food look just a bit unnatural. Plus, I knew my teenagers would be more excited by bright colors than not.

I also did quite a bit of baking today, making chocolate souffle cupcakes again for my advisory picnic tomorrow and committee meeting after school as well as strawberry summer cake for dessert after dinner tonight. The chocolate souffle cupcakes are also a repeat of a recipe that I made back at the end of March and just really adored.

So basically, here are a lot of pictures!






 Souffle cupcakes:



 The result of my efforts (not including dinner) from 3 hours in the kitchen today:


1 comment:

  1. perfect. we should really end up owning a cafe at some point. i think we're built for it :)

    ReplyDelete