Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Stop Motion Experiment!

I just made my first stop motion video! It's nothing fancy, obviously, but I'm so glad I tested the waters. One day, I'll use my roommate's good camera and have him help me set it up to be done correctly, but in the meantime, I don't think this is half bad! I made a few more that I've shot but not looked at or imported into Adobe Premiere, so hopefully I'll get to those soon.

Anyway, this was sort of trial and error. I set up my camera on a tripod and shot a picture with every step I did. Then I imported the pictures into Adobe Premiere (a la this youtube video explaining what to do). Select everything and make a new sequence, which drops it into the timeline. You can ripple delete any frames you don't want in the final video. Then I shortened the speed/duration down to 10 seconds, which still feels a little slow. I did a brief color correct (a la this youtube video) but still have much to learn on that front as the color is still off here, but I just wanted to get it done. Then I added in a title and exported it out to a quicktime before uploading to youtube. Et voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment