Wednesday, March 2, 2011

banana bread muffins

I bought some bananas in the hopes that I would eat more fruit. For some reason, the only fruit I have really eaten this year has been grapefruit, which I never previously cared for, or strawberries. I've had a few apples, and while they have tasted good, I just can't quite motivate myself to eat them, which is not a terribly taxing task. My roommate was eating honey nut cheerios with bananas on top the other day, and it just smelled delicious and familiar, so I bought some bananas. Then I didn't eat even one of the three. So I opened my fridge on Monday to three brown bananas, and thought, when life gives you brown bananas, make banana bread! And how often does something go bad only to taste so much more delicious?

In my search for a recipe, I decided not to go the SK route because I made her banana bread many times while in Morocco. This time, I just googled it and went to one of the results there. I decided to give website names some credit and go with bestbananabreadrecipes.com's recipe, and it turned out pretty darn well. I was going to use chocolate in mine, which is why I chose this recipe, but then I decided against it and didn't alter the recipe, and it turned out fine.




2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 bananas
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup chocolate chips


Heat oven to 350
Combine and mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
Place batter in a greased bread pan (bottom only) or in muffin tins. [I split mine into 12 mini muffin cups and a small loaf]
Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan. Complete cooling on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment