Wednesday, August 24, 2011

my new kitchen

As mentioned in the previous entries, I am in my new apartment in Austin and thus have a new kitchen. Unlike the past two years, where my kitchen was outfitted more or less by the school and what previous residents had left behind, this time I had to get everything myself. My family really came through by having a lot of extra things they could share. There are a few things I still need to get to really be able to make everything I want to (a big soup pot, a hand mixer, a heave duty pot for the oven), but overall it is really well stocked.

I took some pictures and thought I would also make a list of what I have just to give an idea of the kind of tools I am working with. Mostly it is just another step I wanted to take to show that I just work with what I have and things turn out pretty well even though I don't have a impressive, top of the line kitchen. I also have quite the teensy pantry but I still feel like I have more food than I can eat in a week (well, than I should eat in a week).






3 mixing bowls (white with green)
4 mixing bowls (orange/yellow with flowers)
2 skillets
1 cast iron skillet
2 silver saucepans
2 porcelain (?) saucepans
6 pyrex glass dishes (circular)
1 pyrex square dish
1 loaf pan

target utensil set (30 pieces with all sorts of spoons, spatulas, graters, clips, measuring tools, etc)

cuisinart hand blender (with a whisk attachment, immersion blender, and chopping attachment)
stand mixer
electric tea kettle
crock pot

measuring cups
measuring spoons
storage containers

ikea dishset
6 big plates
6 small plates
6 wide bowls
6 silverware
6 tumblers
6 wine glasses

4 anthropologie bowls
4 small anthropologie bowls
4 bulgarian bowls
1 big bulgarian bowl

4 blue tumblers

Pantry:
Flour
Sugar
Powdered sugar
Brown sugar
Baking soda
Baking powder
Cocoa
Vanilla extract

Olive oil
Canola oil
Balsamic vinegar
White vinegar

Salt
Pepper
Cream of tartar
Basil
Curry
Cinnamon
Garlic
Rosemary

Honey
Syrup
Mustard
Ketchup
Jelly

Cheddar cheese
Parmesan cheese
Milk
Salted butter
Unsalted butter
Eggs

Tortillas
Bread
Peanut butter
Goldfish
Pasta
Canned tomatoes
Granola

Fresh vegetables and fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment