Wednesday, August 24, 2011

cookbooks

Well I officially own three four cookbooks, all my own! Yes, I still use the internet most of the time, but I will dabble in these and it's fun to have them on my counter. In my free time, reading through them and planning recipes with them is something I'm aiming for. In the order that I procured them:

Muffins. This is a little French cookbook that I picked up for 4 euros in Paris at a little market under a bridge (names are escaping me right now). So in addition to having lots of yummy looking muffin recipes, it is also an opportunity for me to practice my translation skills. Luckily, I can understand most of it without a dictionary, which is a great feeling. Also, I can read outloud in my terrible French accent in my kitchen and pretend that I am an eloquent and sensual French mademoiselle and I won't have anyone around to contradict my fantasy.

BLBC Cookbook. I mentioned this a while ago when I first finished it. It's a cookbook compiled by the members of my book club in Bulgaria that I put into book format via blurb. Then I ordered 12 for my family (at the neat cost of $6 each! still available and no profits). So a couple of my contributions are in there along with many others. I haven't truly read through it and tried anything yet, but I have eaten many of the recipes in the past year and they were tasty.

Barefoot Contessa at Home. Okay, I'll be honest. I never watch the show and she looked annoying (why I didn't want the show). But my mom gave this to me for my birthday. Then I saw the name. Ina Garten. I recognized it from SK and decided to give it a second try to impress me. I haven't made anything from it (give me a break, my birthday hasn't actually happened yet), but I read through a few sections and it looks good. Not healthy or like it will help me with my diet, but delicious. I'll be posting things from it soon enough.


The Essential Pasta Cookbook. Ebe gave this to me this past weekend for my birthday. It does include some recipes of how to make pasta by hand, but mostly it is for pasta dishes. It is really extensive and we both like how many pictures it has of all the food. Plus, I love carbs and Italian food.


No comments:

Post a Comment