Friday, November 18, 2011

asparagus risotto

Dad and Dana sent us some little care packages a few weeks ago, and in mine, there was a package of asparagus risotto. I think I helped Ebe make risotto once, but other than that, I haven't had any cooking experience with it. This was really delicious. It says there are 5 servings for the package, but I made it over, I believe, 4 occasions and was really full each time. It turned out really well and was easy to make, so as much as I prefer to try to do things from scratch, I would definitely get some of this again.




The instructions are for making the entire package. As I portioned mine out (single cooking!), I did about 1/3 of the instructed amount each time and it worked well.

Butter
1/2 cup white wine
3 cups broth/hot water
asparagus risotto mix
parmesan and olive oil as desired, to serve

Melt a knob of butter in a saucepan and add the risotto mix. Toast over low heat, stirring constantly for a minute or two.

Add 1/2 cup of white wine and stir through until evaporated.

Prepare around 3 cups of broth or hot water and add a little at a time and cook over low heat for 15 - 16 minutes, stirring occasionally until cooked.

Serve hot with freshly grated parmesan cheese and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil as desired.

Nutritional information (for 1/4 cup dry mix, from the package info)
1g total fat
30 g carbs
0 g sugar
3 g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment