Sunday, November 27, 2011

thanksgiving: cranberry relish

I liked this more than the normal cranberry relish we have at Thanksgiving. First of all, I am not a huge fan of the skin on the cranberries and the texture that it gives the relish, and I think that cooking this down a bit made it all softer and more palatable for me. Also, obviously, the sugar and cinnamon helped make it sweet and yummy. Even my mom and grandma liked this little departure from the norm.





1 package cranberries
1 medium orange, seeded and cut into small wedges
1 cinnamon stick/1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup sugar

Put the cranberries and orange pieces in a food processor (or your grandma's old hand crank food mill).

In a saucepan on the stove on low heat, cook the cranberry/orange mix with the sugar and cinnamon (I didn't have a stick, so I just put some cinnamon in) until it is warm throughout (about 5 minutes). Serve warm or cooled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment