Friday, February 17, 2012

blondies

My boyfriend is off to Louisiana this weekend to play in a tournament and go to Mardi Gras, so I wanted to make some snacks for the road trip. I made some banana bread muffins (I used the Joy recipe and didn't love it - they were fine but pretty plain) and decided to also make blondies as my sister has been asking for them for a while, so I thought I'd make two people happy! I've never been a big blondies fan but I liked the way these tasted. And hey, that melted butter and sugar mixture was pretty excellent!





1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 tbsp light corn syrup [I always just substitute honey]
1.5 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350F.

In a saucepan, melt the butter and then boil, stirring constantly until light golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar and sugar until well blended. Let cool to barely warm. Stir in egg, yolk, syrup/honey, and vanilla until well combined.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into liquid mixture. Scrape into a greased pan. Bake until golden brown and toothpick in center comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment