Wednesday, February 1, 2012

peanut butter cookies

After the dijon chicken and risotto dinner, my boyfriend asked if I had any cookies or sweet around. I didn't, so we decided to make some. I just barely had the ingredients laying around for this (less butter and flour and eggs than other recipes), which we were pretty happy about since it meant we got cookies! I haven't had many peanut butter cookies in my day, but these were really yummy. And why wouldn't they have been? That said, they aren't even worse for you than other cookies. Also, recipe thanks to Joy of Cooking.


1.5 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup (5.5 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 375. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Whisk together flour and baking soda. In a separate bowl, blend (I used a mixer) butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in egg, peanut butter, and vanilla.

Stir in flour mixture into wet mixture. Shape into 1 inch balls and drop onto cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Flatten with a fork. Bake 10-12 minutes.

Nutritional Information (for 1/24 recipe)
144 total calories
8g total fat
17g total carbs
3g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment