Thursday, January 12, 2012

dad's strawberry shortcake

Ah, a childhood favorite. My dad made this a lot while I was in middle and high school, and it is one of my all time comfort foods. When I was in Morocco, I went on a trip to London and saw a box of bisquick in the store. I bought it and brought it to Casablanca with me, and Eryn and I loved making strawberry shortcake as a special treat. It is super simple and yummy and just makes me so darn happy. I always serve it with milk and sugar sprinkled on top, but to each his own.

*recipe from the box of bisquick


3 tablespoons white sugar
2 1/3 cups Bisquick baking mix
1/2 cup whole milk [or whatever kind you like]
3 tablespoons butter

Preheat oven to 425 F. Combine dry ingredients. Mix in milk and melted butter. Shape into individual shortcakes. The flatter, the more cooked through they will be once they are golden brown. Cook 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment