Thursday, January 12, 2012

new cookbook!

I saw a deal on Groupon the other day (I love that site! and living social) for the 75th anniversary edition of Joy of Cooking for $12 + shipping ($6), and I thought I just couldn't pass it up. I have definitely used the internet much more than the couple of cookbooks I have, but I thought a standard like this should definitely have a place on my shelf. I've made one cookie recipe from it so far (an interpreted version of snickerdoodles thanks to poor reading skills on my part), and I do like it. I think the format is a bit different, what with the ingredients listed as you use them and amongst the direction text, but I'm adjusting to it and I'll let you know my thoughts on it after more time with it. I'm excited to read more about different things and learn about food from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment