Thursday, January 12, 2012

snickerdoodles, redux

This was my first recipe that I made from my new Joy of Cooking cookbook. Unfortunately, I wasn't being a very good reader (or thinker) and instead of rolling the cookies in the cinnamon sugar mixture, I just added it in. Basically, I made cinnamon sugar cookies. But they tasted good, so who's upset? I was really surprised by how much they spread out, so my first batch made pretty giant, thin cookies. The second batch was smaller but still really thin, and I cooked them a bit too long. So keep an eye on them.


*this is the full recipe, I made a half version and got about 18 cookies

2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs

1/4 cup sugar
4 tsp ground cinnamon

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line 2 cookie sheets.

Whisk until well blended the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.

In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamed. Add the eggs and beat until well combined. Stir in the flour mixture.

Combine the sugar and ground cinnamon. Shape the dough into balls and roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake until cookies are light golden brown, about 12 minutes.

Nutritional information (for 1/36 of full recipe)
112 total calories
5g total fat
15g total carbs
1g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment