Wednesday, January 11, 2012

oatmeal chocolate chip cookies

All right, I'm semiconverted. My boyfriend loves allrecipes and now I'm starting to become a fan, too, since searching for a recipe that is exactly what I want to make (or what I have on hand) is pretty easy. I still love SK, but I have ventured to allrecipes for quite a few things lately. I decided to make these cookies because I'm babysitting/chauffeuring the kids my sister watches while she is out of town, and who doesn't like a babysitter who brings you homemade cookies? Well, one of the kids didn't because she refuses to eat oatmeal, but things like that happen. I found this recipe and did a half-batch, which made 18 relatively big cookies (plus lots of batter snacks for me).

Evidently I did not take any pictures. Or maybe I took some on my phone, but then I had to restore it and  all the jazz, so it's a clean slate. Whatever, they looked like oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. *Edit: I just can't distinguish my various baked goods in my iphoto.




1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips


In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla.

Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets [I always use parchment paper]. Bake at 350 degrees F for 11-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.

Nutritional information (for 1/18 of this recipe)
162 calories
8g total fat
23g total carbs
2g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment