Friday, December 23, 2011

pumpkin muffins

These were a special request of the boyfriend, and I just can't help but bake him whatever he asks for. I wasn't sure if I would like them much, but they were actually really delicious. I tweaked the recipe a bit, but overall its similar. It's a pretty moist muffin with a lot of pumpkin in it, so the texture is a bit different. I'm becoming more of a fan of allrecipes as a source for my recipes.



Here is the recipe for 12 muffins and I went ahead and changed it to what I did


1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/3 cups white sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs
15 oz (1 can) pumpkin
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup chopped walnuts [I only put this in 6 of them]


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Grease three 12 cup muffin pans, or line with paper muffin liners.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, pumpkin, and applesauce, until smooth. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly to make a smooth batter. Stir the walnuts into the batter. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment