Saturday, December 24, 2011

rainbow trout + asparagus + couscous

We made dinner the other night and, yet again, it was super delicious. We didn't use any recipes this time, but everything still came out really well. I LOVED the asparagus, and I think I would seriously forego most cookies to eat more of these asparagus. It's probably my favorite green vegetable, and adding cheese just seals the deal.




Rainbow Trout
2 filets rainbow trout
1 lemon
chopped walnuts
spices
olive oil
aluminum foil

I wasn't in charge of the rainbow trout, but I think I have a decent idea of what he did. The fish got olive oil, salt, pepper, dill, probably some other spices, chopped walnuts, and some lemon zest and juice. We put it in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes, I believe, until it was flaky.

Parmesan Asparagus
I made these, so I'm a slightly more reliable source for their recipe. I broke off the bottom of the asparagus spears and then put them in a bowl to mix with olive oil, salt, pepper, and some chopped garlic. I spread them on aluminum foil on a cooking sheet and then drizzled the rest of the mixture over it. I grated some parmesan cheese on top. That went in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. How long you cook this for really just depends on what texture you prefer.

Walnut Parsley Couscous
This isn't really a recipe, but I'll still tell you how it went. We made couscous (boil water, mix couscous and water in bowl, cover, and wait 5 minutes) and then mixed in some chopped parsley and walnuts (and salt because otherwise it doesn't taste like anything). 

No comments:

Post a Comment